Makati Foundry, Inc. was established in July 1957 in the Municipality of Makati with its factory having an area of 2,500 square meters mainly for manufacturing water valves and fittings. Soon enough, the company's product portfolio had diversified. Aside from cast iron valves and fittings, the company now manufactures different types of fire hydrants, cast iron manholes frames and covers and other specialized water valves that cater to the needs of various sectors.
In September 1977, the company constructed a new plant in the Municipality of Muntinlupa at southeast side of Laguna de Bay having a lot area of 20,000 square meters and a factory area of 8,000 square meters. The plant is equipped with modern machineries complemented with a competent workforce that contributed to the rapid growth of the company. In 1995, Makati Foundry, Inc had ventured into uPVC pipes manufacturing which gave birth to Blue Star uPVC brand and is certified by the Bureau of Product Standards. This was aimed to complement our various range of products and to broaden our area in the field of water supply system.